Corus Radio London | Woodstock – Interactive
A Corus Entertainment Company
New Media Website Content Coordinator
Corus Radio has an exciting opportunity for a New Media Website Coordinator in the London office, reporting to the Director Promotions & New Media.
Job Overview and Background:
The new media group for Corus Radio London | Woodstock supports the Interactive presence of the company radio brands. This opportunity puts you in the front line, working with personnel in multiple radio formats to ensure they provide a superior online experience for their audience.
The focus of the New Media Content Coordinator will be graphic design and assist in implementing the day to day website content, social media, mobile apps, sales, promotions and programming initiatives for Corus Radio London | Woodstock’s New Media division.
- You report directly to the Director of Promotions and New Media and will work as part of the content team.
- You will train users, as required, when they have a requested goal that can be met using the available tools.
- You will represent the best interests of our New Media group as a whole, as well as Corus Radio in general.
- You will use and expand your skill set to support markets and products so Corus Radio stands as a leader in the industry.
- Graphic Design and execution of all online client campaigns, including graphic assets, web copy / text, animation (where applicable), ad trafficking and campaign stats / wrap-up reporting
- Assist the Sales Team in packaging and sales of web content and provide a post campaign analysis for each customized client specific campaign
- Respond in a timely fashion to the requests of the Account Managers, Programming and Marketing departments for any online station activities
- Manage on-line features and inventory
- Work with the Brand Directors, Promotions Team and Account Executives to create original content; proof website content for consistency and accuracy
- Perform all required graphic design work to improve the visual appeal of the radio station websites, social media platforms, apps; ensure visuals are timely, aesthetically pleasing, and in-line with the station branding and/or that of the client/advertiser.
- Play an active role in site brainstorming and improvement sessions
- Coordinate content and send weekly permission-based emails to listener club members
- Training of new promotions staff and on-air staff: assisting staff with the use of Content Management System and other interactive tools
- Assist in compiling and distribute monthly web statistic reports / trending
- Adhere to Corus On-Line Standards related to Broadcast Codes
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have extensive experience with Twitter, Facebook (Facebook insights), YouTube (and analytics) and other social platforms, as well as extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere
- A thorough understanding of PowerPoint and Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of basic HTML design (CSS) and code and knowledge of interactive development and design an asset.
- Photography and videographer / video editing skills an asset.
- Radio Promotions
- Ability to mine and analyze Omniture data for Corus Radio’s group of stations.
- University degree or other relevant Post Secondary Education.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- A “G Class” Drivers License
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and graphics portfolio by May 15, 2015 to:
Director of Promotions & New Media
380 Wellington Street, Room. 222
London, Ontario N6A 5B5
Or email: email@example.com
“Web Content Co-ordinator” must be included in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.