Country 104 Corus Radio Woodstock
Temporary Street Team – Community Cruiser Personality
Country 104 / Corus Radio Woodstock has an exciting opportunity for temporary on-site personality for the 2016 summer months.
Looking for your start in the entertainment industry? We want you!
We’re looking for a team player that wants to be a star – that likes to have fun and can be the centre of attention. Broadcasting experience is not necessarily required – we’re looking for people with outstanding, real personalities to market and present our brand to London and Southwestern Ontario.
This opportunity is for someone who can represent Country 104 in a very social, yet professional and respectable manner. Reporting to the Promotions and New Media Director, the successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks at station, sales and community events, including:
- Communication and interaction in a professional manner with station listeners and clients while attending station and community events
- Program a weekly schedule of events that is most effective to the station
- Schedule and perform live and pre-recorded on-air cut-in reports to the highest standards of content and delivery
- Maintain web and social media streams – in relation to the summer programs
- Perform set up and tear down of station broadcasts and events while maximizing station exposure
- The ability to work a variety of shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Constant upkeep of station vehicles (fueling, washing, cleaning etc.)
- Opportunities to work directly with the Programming and Admin staff and their requirements
Required skills and qualifications:
- Heaps of Personality and the ability to laugh and smile in the hallways
- Valid “G” class driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Ability to communicate and identify with the audience and brand
- Highly self-motivated, punctual, organized, reliable and presentable
- Computer Skills – an above average understanding of Windows environment
- A knowledge of Woodstock / London and the surrounding areas
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that enables the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations
- Ability to work well as a team member, and independently with minimal supervision
- Passion for the music we play and a willingness to embrace the formats
- Video editing, broadcast remote and signage set-up experience is a plus
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume no later than Friday, April 1, 2016 to:
Kent Guy –Promotions & New Media Director
Corus Radio London
380 Wellington Street, Room. 222
London, Ontario N6A 5B5
Or email: email@example.com
With “Summer Cruiser – Country 104” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.