I’m going to be completely honest with you, nobody is more shocked than I AM that I’m doing a vegan blog!
I’ve certainly heard about it and before writing this, could tell you the basic idea of what “being vegan” was all about. Vegan- a person who doesn’t eat meat or anything that comes from animals, including eggs and dairy products.
I do love fruits, veggies, nuts and over the last year or so have introduced a lot more of these foods into my diet at the insisting of my wife! Having said that, I really like meat and eggs…especially together, so I don’t know if I’d ever go fully vegan. If you’re like me and this is pretty new to you, check out this informative video!
I’m excited to tell you about a cool, unique event that highlights the best vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants right here in London. The Taste of Vegan London is happening Nov 6th-20th, where you’re encouraged to visit all the participating restaurants. Whether you’re vegan or just want to try something new and enjoy a delicious night out with friends or family…you should check it out!
Here are the participating restaurants:
- Plant Matter Kitchen – 162 Wortley Rd, London, ON N6C 3P7
- Plant Matter Bistro – 244 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3
- The Ground Up Cafe – 717 Richmond St, London, ON N6A 3H1
- The Root Cellar – 623 Dundas St, London, ON N5W 2Y8
- Growing Chefs – 460 King St, London, ON N6B 1S9
- Nuts for Cheese – 900 King St, London, ON N5W 2X7
- Wellington Market Kitchen – 222 Wellington St, London, ON N6B 2L3
- Globally Local – 252 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3
- Rebel Remedy – 242 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3
- The Tea Lounge – 268 Piccadilly St, London, ON N6A 1S4
- Curley Brewing Company – 1700 Hyde Park Rd., London, ON. N6H 5L7
I was surprised about how much I learned about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle:
Nutrition– With a vegan diet you reduce saturated fats, increase fiber, more carbs to provide more energy for your body. Vegan meals are rich in Vitamin C to boost your immune system and promote healthy gums. High in Vitamin E, which help your heart, skin, eyes, brain!
Disease Prevention– Vegans generally have lower blood pressure, less risk of heart attack and stroke, less risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Vegan diets are lower in cholesterol. Vegan food are great to fight against prostate/colon/breast cancer, alleviates arthritis symptoms.
Physical benefits– Less body odor- so you smell better and generally have better breath! Vegans tend to have stronger/healthier hair & nails. The foods that are rich in Vitamins A & E help your skin, you have more energy, fewer issues with weight and studies show you could live 3-6 years longer!
If you’ve never considered a vegan diet, an event like Taste of Vegan London would be a perfect way to introduce yourself to it in a fun and casual atmosphere. In fact, much like the kids in this video…you might not be able to tell that you’re eating vegan!