The LONG summer of trying to keep the kids active, happy, out of each other’s hair and making sure you have someone watching them…is FINALLY almost over!
This is the third and final of my Back to School blogs to help you get ready for another exciting year.
The first blog was all about preparing your child to start school for the first time or getting them ready after a long summer break. Click here for that blog!
The second blog was all about Back to School shopping and had a ton of tips to help you save money. Click here for that blog!
This blog is all about tips and hacks to keep your students organized during the year!
Here are some of the highlights from this first video:
- Binder clips and rubber bands to hang stuff off your desk to save space
- Use loop at the top of backpack as a cup holder
- Fill empty jars with all the homework supplies you’ll need so you don’t waste time looking for it
- Roll up gym clothes and stick them in a sock to save space in your backpack
- Use an old DVD case as a dry erase board
These were some of the ones that stuck out for me from this video:
- Plan out your day when you first wake up
- Set aside the clothes/outfits you’re going to wear for the week
- Pack your bag the night before
- Use pencil box for your pencils, pens, highlighters
- Take notes with different colours to help them stand out and make them easier to read
This one is geared more for older students in high school or even College/University.
It has some great study tips:
- Highlight only key words and concepts when studying (don’t over highlight)
- Make flash cards with answers on them to help you study for a test or exam
- Study with a friend
- Make a calendar for the month
The best tip from this one really didn’t have anything to do with school, but more for helping to wake up and it’s something we ALL could use help with.
- Get a delay brew coffee maker so your morning cup will be hot, fresh and ready right when you wake up!
Finally, this is just for fun to see how many of these you did when you were in school. We’ll consider these tips you can pass along to your kids so they aren’t ANNOYING the other students. There are 30 annoying things from school in this video and if you didn’t do them, I bet you will remember the name of a classmate that did these to you!
Some of my biggest school pet peeves that were listed in the video:
- ENDLESSLY popping bubbles with your gum
- Eating in class (crunching chip bags etc)
- Walking slowly in a group down the hall
- Having to lend people stuff (pen, paper, gum)
- Making strange noises (sniffling your nose, thinking noises, singing/humming to yourself)
- Teacher hovers over you