Trackside Music Festival hits London, Ontario this Canada Day weekend. This festival is an amazing partnership between Western Fair District, Budweiser Gardens & London Music Hall, and we can’t wait to be a part of the festivities again in 2017.
Here are 150 reasons to get excited about joining the party for Canada’s 150th birthday.
1. Thomas Rhett.
2. Knowing that, after Thomas Rhett, there are still 148 more reasons to attend Trackside Music Festival.
3. Aaron Pritchett
4. Meghan Patrick
5. The Reklaws
6. Brothers Osborne.
7. Canaan Smith
8. River Town Saints
9. James Barker Band
10. Kip Moore.
11. Dallas Smith.
12. Genevieve Fisher.
13. Brett Kissel
14. Western Fair District. There’s so much to see and do.
15. London, Ontario. The country music capital of Ontario.
16. Tattoo’s. Really good ones.
17. Tattoo’s. Really bad ones.
18. Lawn chairs. Who doesn’t like a good sit?
19. Poutine. Delicious, delicious poutine.
20. Country 104 Big Rig. Your favourite radio station, on site, blasting the tunes between artists.
21. Plaid shirts. As far as the eye can see.
22. Daisy dukes.
23. Palm Bays. In case beer isn’t doing it for you.
24. Kissing. Who doesn’t want to snag a quick kiss from a loved one during their favourite song?
26. VIP sections. When you don’t want to take part in the GA debauchery.
27. GA sections. When you DO want to take part in the GA debauchery.
28. Lawn Chair Lazy.
30. Friends. Maybe they’ll come with you, maybe you’ll see them there.
31. New friends. You never know who you’re going to meet.
32. When A Momma’s Boy Meets A Daddy’s Girl.
33. Die A Happy Man.
34. Celebrity sightings. You never know who you’re going to see at Trackside!
35. Beach blankets. Who’s down for a quick sit, snack & a snuggle?
36. Sunshine. You can’t go wrong with a little Vitamin D.
37. It Ain’t My Fault.
38. OLG Slots. Right on site!
39. Jack Daniels. Right on site!
40. Cornhole. We’ll have it set up at our Country 104 Big Rig.
41. Artist sightings. They’ve got to get to their radio station interviews somehow. Keep your eyes peeled.
42. Side Effects.
43. Somethin’ ‘Bout A Truck.
44. Canadian artists. It is Canada’s birthday, after all.
45. Because outdoor concerts are better than indoor concerts. Fresh air!
46. Sunglasses. What better opportunity to show off your sweet, new shades?
47. Tan legs. Cause if you don’t have a tan by July 1st, you’re doing it wrong.
48. Cold beer.
49. Polite Canadians. Thank you. No, thank you. No, thank YOU.
50. Wolf clothing. Is it really a summer festival if they don’t sell clothing plastered with the face of a wolf? Multiple wolves on the same shirt? Bonus points!
51. Wolf blankets. Seriously. Wolf EVERYTHING.
52. Giant Canadian flags. It’s our birthday, and we’re showing off!
53. Beer koozies. First you keep your beer cold during the festival, then you get to take a cool souvenir home with you later.
54. Take It On Home
56. Rum. The other kind.
57. Turbo’s. Also called Rocket’s. Mix a Palm Bay with your favourite beer, and you’ve got a delicious treat.
58. The Canadian National Anthem. You just KNOW Brett Kissel will lead a sing-a-long at some point.
59. Trackside Fest on Instagram. Song lyrics leading up to the festival, the best stuff during the festival.
60. Porta potty lines. A great place to make new friends!
61. Shawarma. Hard to spell, easy to eat.
62. Corn on the cob, on a stick! It’s on a stick!
63. She’s Desire
64. Wild Ones
65. One Little Kiss
66. Craving You
68. Fresh cut fries. Mmmmmmmm *drool
69. Tee hee!
70. Dad dancing. Everyone put 2 fingers in the air.
71. Fireworks. It isn’t Canada Day if you don’t blow something up!
72. Bow Chicka Wow Wow
73. Glitter. It will get EVERYWHERE.
74. Ball caps. Nothing like the feeling of your favourite ball cap for a day in the sun.
75. Dirt Road In ‘Em
76. Not being on the 401. If you’re coming from outside London, you’ll be relieved when arrive to the city, and don’t have to drive the 401’s bleak concrete landscape any longer.
77. Canadians from all walks of life. You can’t judge a book by its cover, especially when it comes to country music.
78. A sea of red & white. It is our birthday, after all.
79. Jumped Right In
80. Flip flops. The sound is annoying, the feeling is amazing!
81. Sandals. Let those little piggies breathe a bit.
82. Love You Like That
83. Cherry Bomb
84. 3, 2, 1
86. Actual vacation. It is summer, after all.
87. Hooded sweatshirts, and shorts. When the sun goes down, you can wear the most comfortable outfit of all.
88. Dancing. Bust a move! Dance like nobodies watching. Even though they are.
89. Tim Horton’s coffee. Because you’ll need a pick me up after Day 1, while getting ready for Day 2.
90. Another festival wristband. In case you’re collecting every summer event you attend.
91. 21 Summer
92. Grace & Grit
93. Hold My Beer
94. Blame It On You
95. Seeing Stars
96. Star Of The Show
97. Covers. You never know what the next band may choose to cover. Eminem? Rihanna? Beyonce?
98. New favourites. You never know what band, or song, you’ll fall in love with next.
99. Shooting stars. When you wish upon a star… Open air concerts are the best.
100. It feels like something special should occupy Spot 100 on the list, right?
101. Stay A Little Longer
102. Hole In A Bottle
105. Just Sayin’
106. Souvenirs. You know SOMEBODY will be selling something with a Canadian flag on it. Who needs a new coffee mug.
107. Reunions. OMG I haven’t seen you in FOREVER!!!
108. Muscles. This late in the summer, the farmers will be looking RIPPED.
109. Facepaint. Who wants to be a kitty?
110. Chicken on a bun.
111. Crash and Burn
112. Running For You
113. Tippin’ Point
114. A Little Bit Goes A Long Way
115. Still Loving You
116. Started With A Song
117. Out Of The Blue
118. We Got Us
119. Night In, Night Out
120. Sun Drunk
121. Snapchat stories. See everything you’ve missed.
122. Facebook stories. See everything you’ve missed, once people actually start using Facebook stories.
123. That one guy. There’s always one. Who knows what he’s going to do this year, but EVERYONE will be talking about him.
124. The breeze. When a slight breeze hits your sun burnt skin, there’s no better feeling in the world. Sweet relief!
125. Family. Book your family summer reunion around Trackside Music Festival. Everyone wins!
126. Award winning Canadian artists
127. Award winning international artists
128. The countdown. What’s more fun than counting down the days?
130. Pawn Shop
131. More Girls Like You
132. Wastin’ Gas
134. Be Country With Me
135. I Didn’t Fall In Love With Your Hair
136. Beach balls. There’s always one bouncing around, hitting unsuspecting people in the head.
138. Brett Kissel’s dog, Charlie.
139. High fives. Random people will be offering their hands, will you meet the challenge?
140. Pictures. Memories that will last a lifetime.
141. Get Me Some Of That
142. New love. Someone is going to meet the person they spend the rest of their life with. They just don’t know it yet.
143. Proposals. There’s always one that’s over the top, and it’s going to be a special moment.
144. Cheap Seats
145. Something You Just Don’t Forget
146. Make Me Wanna
147. The ride home. Talking about your favourite Trackside Music Festival moments, with the people you love.
148. Sammy’s Souvlaki. A London staple, the perfect way to end a night.
149. Ripping that wristband off. As soon as possible.
150. Getting ready to do it all over again in 2018.
Hope to see you #KickItTrackside with us in 2017.’